10. New polls indicate that 83% of Americans are in favor of legalized medical marijuana, 58% are in favor of legalized recreational marijuana.
9. Study shows that pot smokers are skinnier.
8. It was scientifically confirmed that chemicals in marijuana kill certain deadly cancer cells.
7. Low potency marijuana helps kids with debilitating epileptic seizures.
6. Hemp was legally grown in the US for the first time since 1957.
5. Arrests for marijuana have fallen over the couple of years from 900,000 per year to 750,000.
4. First license to sell recreational marijuana was issued to go into effect January 1, 2014.
3. Colorado and Washington vote to legalize marijuana.
2. The Justice Department backed down on its threats to enforce marijuana laws in Colorado and Washington.
1. Uruguay becomes the first nation to legalize marijuana.
Click here to see these stories and more.